Minimising risk now that we are open.
First and foremost, we are delighted to be able to welcome you back!
As a heritage health and wellness brand with over 50 years of experience caring for people, the welfare of our guests and team has always been our first priority. During lockdown, we have been active with the international community of medical, wellness, hotel and spa industries to gather and adapt best practice in keeping with the UK government guidelines so that when you are able to visit us again, you can be reassured that we have in place all the precautions needed to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep all of us safe.
Our teams have been well trained in infection control and have the necessary Personal Protective Equipment. Whilst we will look a little different, our caring team will be there to guide you through our new protocols. We would also like to point out that ongoing changes may continue to occur and request your patience. Everything is under constant review to be sure we are always up to date.
Guests are now able to book our 7 day Gut Health Regime and our 8 day Mayr program. We believe helping you maintain and achieve optimal digestive health and a positive mental attitude towards your overall wellbeing will give you the best chance of remaining well and safe in the upcoming months. This is what we do best and we are here to help. In addition, we will be offering short restorative “Rest & Retreat” breaks of 3, 4 and 5 nights with an inclusive Spa credit voucher for you to choose Spa treatments during your stay.
We regret that, as yet, we are unable to offer any Spa Days in accordance with Government guidelines, and some of our Spa facilities such as the separate male and female Spa areas with steam sauna and cold plunge pools as well as our outdoor swimming pool will remain closed until further notice.
We are restricting overall numbers of guests in all areas in keeping with social distancing guidelines so you will have plenty of space to relax and enjoy your stay with us.
We are continuing our ever-popular daily walks on the adjacent commons and will increase our offer of other outdoor classes whilst the weather permits, so you may want to bring appropriate clothing and sun protection. During the closure the local wildlife have reclaimed the quiet grounds so you can delight in acres of open space whilst watching the birds, deer and rabbits. As this is a beautiful country location, unwelcome guests such as ticks and adders may also be present so please be vigilant!
You are now able to book one to one outdoor Personal Training sessions, Sound Healing, Breathing, and Mindful Walking. Our broad range of Spa Treatments is available now to book. Our scheduling team are on hand to advise you what will be available during your stay.
We will open the Restaurant Terrace for extra seating outdoors if the weather permits and will ask guests to book your dining times with us to ensure appropriate spacing in the Restaurant and on The Terrace. Our high quality delicious nutritious cuisine will continue to be served.
Despite all our new and important revised cleaning and hygiene measures, we are still endeavouring to follow our commitment to using environmentally friendly products throughout Grayshott Spa.
For our hotel residents, we’ve looked at each step of the customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the care and ambiance you have come to expect of Grayshott Spa. We have outlined below the new measures we have put in place. If you have any questions prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations, Reception or Scheduling team who will be happy to help.
Grayshott Spa Post Lockdown -Guest Experience & Guidance
- You can book your stay online at www.grayshottspa.com or by calling our Hotel Reservations team on 01428 602020.
- Before you make a reservation please be sure to read these guidelines which detail our procedures, limitations and changes. It is important that you understand all of the actions we have taken to keep you safe during your stay and to minimise any risk. If you have any concerns about your stay, our team will be happy to talk to you further.
- We will be sending you a questionnaire that must be filled in and sent to us before you arrive. We regret that if we do not receive this form back from you or receive it on arrival, for the safety of our other guests and staff, you will not be allowed to enter Grayshott Spa.
- We must insist that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, that you call us to postpone your stay. Government advised symptoms currently include but are not limited to: a high temperature, a new and persistent cough, and a loss of or change to your sense of taste or smell.
- If you have booked directly with us, prior to your arrival we will email or contact you with all the necessary information about your stay, our latest Covid-19 management processes and information about the local area.
- If you have not booked directly with us, you can find all the information relating to your forthcoming stay online or through your travel agent.
If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations. We are always happy to help and will ensure we do so with your safety in mind.
Arrival & Check-In
- All guests will be required to have a temperature check and to complete a Covid-19 Questionnaire on arrival. We request that you wear a face covering or visor throughout the hotel.
- We must insist that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you will not be allowed to enter the hotel.
- We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our teams. Any of our guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
- Reception areas have been reconfigured with Perspex screens where necessary and marked out to ensure physical distancing can be maintained at all times. Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience. Guests will be contacted prior to arrival to book a check -in time. This will reduce queuing in the Reception area and ensure a relaxing stress free start of your stay. Our check-in time remains the same -from 2.30pm.
- We would ask that you pack light as the current guidance for infection control indicates that we do not handle your belongings or luggage.
- If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay simply dial 0 from the phone in your room. Please note we have thermometers at reception should you feel concerned at any point during your stay.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at entrances and in reception areas for you to use. We politely ask you use these regularly throughout your stay and on entering the hotel.
- Please also note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
- All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day and after use by our ‘Clean Team’ and checked by our Duty Managers.
- All room keys will be sanitised before and after use
Communal areas during your stay
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when entering the hotel.
- Extensive cleaning of shared surfaces will be conducted throughout the day by our Team and checked by our Duty Managers.
- We have increased the sanitisation procedures in all our toilet facilities and provided sanitising handwash at the basins and disposable hand towels.
- To avoid queuing in the washrooms, we ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
- Following government guidelines and risk assessments you are required to wear a mask or visor in all public rooms and corridors to protect yourself and others.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance between yourself and other guests. We have put in place floor markings and guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
- All reading material such as magazines will be removed as these can no longer be shared use. Please ask at Reception for single use copies.
- The cinema will now have restricted seating – only 10 guests can use the cinema at any one time. The lectures are now reserved for Regime and Mayr guests only. For the evening movie, we kindly ask guests to reserve a seat at Reception as these will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The complimentary refreshments usually offered in Bubbles Bar and in the Appointments waiting area such as serve yourself tea coffee water and fruit, are currently not available but we will resume as soon as we are safely able to.
Guest Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture will be sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed on a high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
- To reduce multiple contact items such as brochures – please find information on treatments and fitness class schedules on the notice boards. Brochures and menus in rooms will be single use only and if left behind and will be removed and replaced after each guest stay
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- Our housekeeping will not enter you room when you are in the room. We will provide all guests with the daily available times for room cleaning. We would ask you to leave the room for cleaning to take place.
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- We kindly request that all guest staying overnight with us, use the shower facilities in their own rooms rather than in the communal areas.
- Kettles will be provided in the bedrooms and a Tea selection card is provided for guests to order their complimentary tea selection.
- We will provide a mini PPE kit for guests in bedrooms which will include a face mask and a hand sanitiser sachet.
- Robes and slippers will be provided in guest bedrooms.
Spa & Gym Operating Procedures
Please note our processes and precautions for our facilities are regularly under review, and this guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information. We will, of course, always comply with all government regulations relating to our business.
- All our Spa public areas have been reconfigured where necessary and marked out to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times.
- Please call the Scheduling desk to make treatment bookings during your stay where possible rather than visit the Schedule desk, to avoid congestion in the Schedule waiting area. To avoid disappointment, we advise all guests to book treatments in advance of your stay.
- Our gym facilities will be open for you to enjoy with equipment spaced appropriately.
- Our steam, sauna, male and female relaxation areas and shower areas currently remain closed.
- Our indoor swimming pool is open and will run on a booking system to control number of users at any one time – please book with the Reception or Scheduling team.
- Our treatment rooms, equipment and instruments will be cleaned and sterilised between client appointments and we will conduct regular cleaning of shared surfaces, changing rooms and our public spaces throughout the day.
- We request you wear your face covering when entering the treatment room and only remove it when the therapist asks you to do so.
- We may need to briefly close areas throughout the day to carry out further deep cleaning and sanitisation. All cleaning will be checked thoroughly by our Duty Managers.
- We have set up hand sanitiser stations throughout the Spa for you to use, and will provide cleaning sprays in the gym for you to wipe down equipment before and after use. We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before and after entering the Gym.
- Treatments booked will be charged to your room and settled on departure at Reception.
- We will aim to offer our full range of treatments in the safest possible way whilst adhering to recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Our Spa therapists have received further health and safety and will wear the appropriate PPE when carrying out your treatment.
- Classes and personal training will be available. Class numbers will be limited to adhere to the required social distancing guidelines and a slightly reduced class timetable will be offered. Thorough cleaning of all areas and equipment before and after use will be conducted and checked by our Duty Managers.
- Weather permitting, we will move our classes and training outside, making the most of our spacious terraces and gardens.
- Our outdoor swimming pool is currently closed
Food & Drink
We are fortunate to have restaurants in breath-taking locations with an abundance of outside space, so we are able to operate at normal capacity whilst adhering to the recommended social distancing guidelines. You can dine with us feeling assured that we have in place precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you and your fellow diners safe whilst still continuing to serve you our delicious healthy cuisine.
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or, where guidance and regulations permit, in the designated dining areas.
- Our dining spaces include The Conservatory, Outdoor Terrace and Restaurant and our table layout will adhere to all required social distancing measures.
- If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you call us to postpone your booking.
- We will confirm at check-in your dining times during your stay.
- Perspex screens have been installed on our host stations to offer further protection for you and our teams.
- We are currently unable to offer refreshments in Bubbles bar or in the Appointments waiting area due to safety guidelines of shared facilities.
- We have created a separate entry and exit point to our Restaurant, the Conservatory entry and exit remains the same.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry points and should be used every time you enter dining areas.
- All our staff, including those in our kitchen and dining areas, have received further training on all the new food hygiene and safety measures and will be appropriately attired in line with PPE guidance.
Guest Check out
- A printed room bill will be placed on your door during the last evening of your stay.
- On check out, please remember to return your room key
- You may request a final bill to be emailed to you at reception. If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team.
- We ask that you use the hand santisers before leaving the hotel.
Grayshott Spa Team & Our Commitment to you
- All of our hotel teams have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- All staff will be temperature checked upon arrival for work, and will be required to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms.
- Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Internal regulations have been introduced that require our staff to wear the appropriate PPE during their shifts and to wash their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of house for the teams to use.
- Our kitchen team will work adhering to the social distancing and food safety guidance.
Our Covid-19 operating procedures are clearly displayed throughout the back of house areas
We are delighted to announce that we have now been presented with the We’re Good To Go Certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team, and shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We are ready! We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott Spa in the near future.